So I’ve gone off the beaten path with my Mendel Max build. Here are my motor mounts I’m fabricating for the Z-axis. They sit on top of the main vertexs and directly align with them. It’s a variation on the Prussa Mendel design that I’m hoping will lend to a sturdier Z-axis path. Here are some photos:
I’m happy with the design, but I’ve run into a small problem. In the second photo, you can see the screws connecting the two pieces of extruded aluminum. Unfortunately the tapped holes for mounting the motor are directly above them. no clearance for another set of screws. I’ve got a few ideas on how to solve for this, but I was bummed at first when I realized my oversight.
Oh well, that’s what I get for not following the recipe. This is too much fun.